Monday, April 02, 2012

Back With the Wind!

So, I was re-reading Gone With the Wind yesterday -- well, OK, I'm still re-reading it. Part of the reason I was re-reading it is that it was a nice thick book and once I started it I wouldn't have to worry about what to read next for a couple of days. But, there's a bit (really, several bits, but one in particular) where Rhett is urging Scarlett to stop hiding her real self beneath the front she puts up to be acceptable by society, and it struck a chord. I have a tendency to compartmentalize myself a bit online, and in real life, showing a somewhat different front to different audiences, and I thought: there really isn't a place where I present the whole me. Then I remembered the name of this blog, and thought: "duh." Perfect place for it!

So no more holding back! I'll talk about all the stuff that interests me, whether it's Marx Brothers movies, history of the Civil War, gaming geek stuff, my (sadly inactive) crossdressing, my interest in BDSM, my search for a partner to talk about all this stuff with and act on more of it, politics and current events, or how good a Cake Pop from Shari's Berries tastes! It's all here! Nothing will be taboo! For once I'll show the real me....

...well, OK, hiding behind an absurd pseudonym. Still, you know...baby steps.....

Some updates on previous topics to follow. Got to get moving to work.

No comments: