Thursday, June 02, 2005

Welcome to my blog...

Good evening, and welcome to The Whole Echinodermata. Allow me to introduce your host, the internationally unreknowned writer, commentator, concerned onlooker, snopester, raconteur, also contains lanolin -- E. Q. Taft!

Thank you, thank you. No, really, you're too kind. Thank you.

This is just going to be a place to collect my thoughts now and then, and jot them down, in the hope that others might find them interesting, informative, persuasive, or entertaining -- not necessarily in that order. It's semi-anonymous (no, Echinodermata is not my real name...) so that I can speak a bit more freely and occasionally get personal.

Most of the postings will probably be more-or-less political; I consider myself a moderate by inclination, a progressive/liberal/Democrat by conviction, but (hopefully) never a knee-jerk or extremist of any persuasion. I will also probably touch on some cultural and personal issues, from film reviews to rants about bad drivers to good new jokes to stuff about my gender identity issues.

I'm new to blogging, if not to writing essays and spouting off in general, so it's possible this will eventually evolve in directions I'm not expecting. If so, I hope you hang on and enjoy the ride!

No comments: